A blog about the many neat things in life, along with the many other things that are lying around. Categories include: political things, philosophy things, design things, template things, garage things, music things, and lots and lots of other things!

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Where Am I?

I try not to post about my life too much, because I think it's a little boring compared to, say, "Here's a bunch of free music!" But I feel like an update is in order right now, since I'm not blogging about much else.

Right now I am staying in West Lafayette, IN for the summer, and working full-time for Purdue's IDC department. I have my own place, and finally have my car out in this direction.

I have had a few small projects at work, and have been working incredibly hard on my Rubyclassroom project so far. I have learned a new language, MySQL & server administration, a new means of development, and a new framework, and developed an application in it. I will be working on upgrading it in the next couple weeks, but right now it's backburnered.

I am working on a project for a small business client that was introduced by a friend. I am setting up a shopping cart script from scratch, which is proving to be more difficult than I had anticipated. So it's a lot of work. Simultaneously, I have also started a project for a friend to digitize some old photo albums for preservational purposes. It's SIX huge books, so it's going to be a fair amount of work to scan them all. I also hear that there is a new wave of projects incoming as of tomorrow, so work will be getting more busy as well.

In my copious free time, I have been trying to have a lot of people over, and hang out with everyone I know around here. I had a close friend of mine over yesterday, and spent last weekend with good friends that I don't get to see often enough. The previous weekend I was out near Muncie with some awesome people from the schoolyear. Tomorrow I'm having a small dinner party, Thursday I'm hosting a video gaming night, and Friday I'm hosting a huge grill-out and movie-watching night. I made ten calls to try and set those up tonight, and I hope to get everyone else tomorrow.

I took tonight off to do errands, much-needed laundry, and other homey tasks. I've been so busy I can't see straight. And to think, everyone was worried I'd be bored this summer! The weeks are just flying by, way too fast.

I've started keeping a micro-journal on my laptop's copy of Instiki, just so I know what happened when. If things cool down for a minute, I'm going to try and fill in some of the summer's previous events as well.

Anyway, if I seem preoccupied, tired, spacey, or just plain absent (my AIM account has gone neglected for nearing a week now, and I'm having a hard time returning non-business emails), I do apologize. I'm trying to reign in my schedule a bit, so I can be more alive to people when I do hang out with them, and more communicative in general.

But yes, so far an awesome summer - and in another week and half, I get to go home. Yay! Drop me an email if you'd like to get together, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Hang loose, everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home