A blog about the many neat things in life, along with the many other things that are lying around. Categories include: political things, philosophy things, design things, template things, garage things, music things, and lots and lots of other things!

Monday, April 10, 2006

Cave Story Things

Cave Story is a freeware game for windows and mac. It was all made by one guy in Japan, and then translated by a couple fans. Cave Story is one of the coolest computer games I've ever played. Seriously.

Think about Metroid. What made that fun? Running throughout Zebes and other planets, picking up items that give you new capabilities and unlock new areas, and of course, blowing things up. Cave story has all that - and a plot that develops throughout the game. Cave Story is also similar in style, with beautiful pixel art and parallax-scrolling backgrounds.

All in all, it's an awesome game, and I felt it deserves its own post. I know I've been addicted for weeks, and my buddy Ryan just started playing it. He's already found a bunch of stuff I've missed - this game has depth. Enjoy!

Technorati Tags: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home