A blog about the many neat things in life, along with the many other things that are lying around. Categories include: political things, philosophy things, design things, template things, garage things, music things, and lots and lots of other things!

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Photography Things

I finally submitted to enter a photography contest. It's something I've been meaning to do for a while, but nothing has ever been convienant. Also, most of my photos are too low-res to make it in any pro contest. Makes me want a Nikon d50 pretty bad.

Anyway, the two that I submitted are a still life of a lilly (or some kind of plant - dammit, Jim, I'm a photographer, not a botanist!) and an art piece of a stream. People seemed to like these better than my Shamu action shot or my pic of the capital. I probably would've submitted my Laurel Keet, except it's too low resolution. I just couldn't bring myself to submit my Meerkat when his face is so shadowed.

Anyway, I'll update on proceedings when I find out who won. I'd be pretty surprised if I won any of the main prizes - my photos were kinda blurry, and didn't print too well, in my opinion.

Technorati Tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home