A blog about the many neat things in life, along with the many other things that are lying around. Categories include: political things, philosophy things, design things, template things, garage things, music things, and lots and lots of other things!

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Google Things

I've been telling friends for a while that my objective is to be an intern at Google next summer. Well, last night, I took the first step - I sent an email to the address mentioned on that site. I've read a lot of scary things about Google's hiring process. I've also read a few interesting stories about the essentially random ways people have found their way into Google. I've heard a lot about how insanely hard it is to get in.

I guess overall, I'm hopeful. I have a couple good things going for me... I have a comparatively large body of actual workplace experience behind me. I feel like I have a pretty good handle on the technologies Google uses (though I would probably need to improve my Javascript and AJAX fu). I feel like I jive with Google's design sense. And, apparently this is pretty important, I'm a total fanboy.

The intense rounds of interview begin in January. When the Google Team stopped by, they said to expect 2-3 phone interviews, and that would be it. I'll have my fingers crossed.

Technorati Tags:,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.healthinsurance.net.in/

11/17/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.pregnancy.net.in

The period during which a developing fetus is carried within the uterus. In humans, pregnancy
averages 266 days (38 weeks) from conception to childbirth. Traditionally, pregnancy duration
is counted from the woman's last menstrual period, which adds roughly 2 weeks to gestational
age. This is how physicians arrive at a pregnancy length of 40 weeks (280 days).

hnb

11/28/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes it happens that for the same ailment different treatments are offered by different doctors. This confuses the patients to a great deal. Which treatment to go for, which doctor to follow etc, etc. Under these circumstances people can refer to the
patient info sites where they can get all the information regarding the disease, its treatments, prices etc.

10/18/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home