A blog about the many neat things in life, along with the many other things that are lying around. Categories include: political things, philosophy things, design things, template things, garage things, music things, and lots and lots of other things!

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Pencil, Paper, Dice


Pencil, Paper, Dice
Originally uploaded by agius.

So, as is not unusual enough, I have passed on blogging in favor of work and socializing. Yesterday I did something I do very rarely - I worked all day. I passed on all my social commitments (even dinner out), sat down, and worked 'till my eyes bled. Two in the morning, I could be considered (generously) halfway done. I would do it again today, but I have commitments for group meetings which will most certainly throw off my work groove.

I'm curious about what allows that kind of work ethic. It's an amazing state of zen-like patience whereby I can work for any amount of time without frustration, tedium, or other emotional interferences. I need to find some kind of mindhack that allows me to enter this kind of "working trance" whenever I need to. Maybe it's just a matter of practicing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home