A blog about the many neat things in life, along with the many other things that are lying around. Categories include: political things, philosophy things, design things, template things, garage things, music things, and lots and lots of other things!

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Comp. Science Things

Here's a short email exchange between one of my professors and I this weekend.

Me:
Dear Prof -
I flew home to Washington, DC yesterday to visit my parents for the weekend. My flight home is scheduled for 5:30pm on Sunday night, but the weather forecasters are now predicting huge ice storms for both Indianapolis and Washington, DC. It looks like my flight might be delayed or cancelled.

Please let me know how this will affect me on the CS182 exam on Monday. Southwest will not book me an earlier flight home at this point, so if my flight is cancelled, I don't know what I can do. Please send me an email as soon as you get this, or call me at (***) ***-****.

Thanks,
~Andrew

Him:
Hi:
I wish you thought about it before flying to DC.
I hope you won't miss the midterm.

Thanks, ws

Isn't computer science awesome? Now, off to RateMyProfessors.com...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what an ass. I'd go have a little chat with the Dean of CS if you miss the exam. You may want to look up the College of Science policies :)

To me that is a good excuse if the fly is delayed/canceled and you can show proof for such. It is not like you can predict the weather...

2/24/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home