A blog about the many neat things in life, along with the many other things that are lying around. Categories include: political things, philosophy things, design things, template things, garage things, music things, and lots and lots of other things!

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Nanowrimo update: I won!!

I are a winner! This month I successfully wrote a novel 50,000 words in length. Many of my friends feel the need to mention, "Hey! That's just a novella!" The answer from their site goes thusly:
Why 50,000 words? Isn't that more of a novella?
Our experiences over the past seven years show that 50,000 is a difficult but doable goal, even for people with full-time jobs and children. The length makes it a short novel. We don't use the word "novella" because it doesn't seem to impress people the way "novel" does.
What they don't really mention is that this is a really difficult goal when one is in college, still passing classes, getting sick, and travelling fairly extensively. >.< But it is done! Every other attempt at fiction that I have stabbed into words has ended up a half-written piece of junk on a scrap pile. This has resulted in a finished half-written piece of junk. So, it's a victory. I've learned a lot, that I will use next time I try to write a work of fiction. Hopefully my next attempt will result in significantly improved writing, and maybe I won't be finishing up at 10:43pm on June 30th. Anyway, to all who have offered their thanks and support, I deeply appreciate it. To those who have celebrated victory with me, I wish you all the best with your novels!

Technorati Tags: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Zack said...

*licks your nose*
I wasn't putting you down or trying to belittle your accomplishment love. You just know what a stickler I am for proper vocabulary usage. I'm actually very very proud of you. ^.^

12/07/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home