A blog about the many neat things in life, along with the many other things that are lying around. Categories include: political things, philosophy things, design things, template things, garage things, music things, and lots and lots of other things!

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Katrina Things

Donate to Katrina

Seriously. It's not like the Republicans are gonna help. They're too busy making the Leader look good instead of actually doing anything. This whole tragedy is like a giant black humor movie -- I read things like this, and it's almost funny, how horrible it all is. Then I see stuff like this, and I just want to cry. I will do something to help. Something beyond me, just giving money. There's gotta be something I can do.

And as for this Freedom Walk shit, I went ahead and sent the DoD a little note:
Tell me this is a joke, right? The Dept. of Defense is throwing a war party, on the anniversary of the death of over 3,000 people, while ignoring a massive and unspecified death toll in New Orleans (1,000? 3,000? 10,000? 40,000?)? How can anyone in the DoD live with themselves while helping with this effort?

Somebody's going to hell for this.

I went to our Purdue College Democrats [warning: site uses java, javascript, and other stuff that will kill your browser] callout yesterday, and as expected, it was pathetic. Barely organized, no big names from the state Dem party, no talk of Katrina or even any specific actions they want to take this year. Oh yeah; they're getting T-shirts. Whoop-de-doo. I think I will stick to the netroots, where action is praised over empty meetings.

Finally, the Purdue College Republicans are having their own little 'Freedom Walk' piece of crap on Sept. 14th to show support for the troops. For OYE, I can't let them get away with it. Maybe I can blast them for not helping with Katrina while I'm at it. They need to get crap for their total lack of effort in this.

, ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home