A blog about the many neat things in life, along with the many other things that are lying around. Categories include: political things, philosophy things, design things, template things, garage things, music things, and lots and lots of other things!

Monday, July 31, 2006

Flickr Things

I got a bandwidth ticket for Archmagus.us this weekend. I have run over the 10GB of traffic given to me. Looking through the log files, the only thing I can figure out is that a combination of bots and people viewing my various Picasa and iPhoto-created anime convention galleries has taken all my bandwidth.

Thus, I upgraded my Flickr account to Pro status. I'm in the process of moving all the pics that were in galleries on Archmagus.us to Flickr Photosets - I've already moved the pictures from My Disney World Vacation and Anime Central 2006 over. All I have now are the Ohayocon 2006 and Anime Central 2005 pictures to move. Those might take a little longer, because I have to get them out of my archives.

Currently, Archmagus.us is down, because I don't want to run up myy bandwidth charges any more than I have to. It should be back up by tomorrow, or the 15th at the latest (depending on when my bandwidth resets).

Thanks for your patience.

Update: I have now moved the Ohayocon 2006 and Acen 2005 galleries over to my Flickr account.

A lot of pictures were lost in the translation. Namely, I filtered out the pictures that were composed entirely of blur, too dark to see, and many duplicate images from an angle only 2 degrees different from the previous. The galleries have been simplified to provide the best coverage I can of these events without all the screwed-up pictures in the middle.

Also, I left up the html pages with javascript and a link to the new gallery. So, any hyperlinks from forums and suchlike should forward nearly immediately to the updated Flickr galleries.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home